- About ITS
- 2017 Summer FDI Application
- Cellular Plans
- Conference Bridge
- Digital Studio
- Electronic Classrooms
- Event + A/V Equipment Support
- Google Apps
- Minerva Rooms
- Learning Technologies Support
- Public Computing Facilities
- Research Computing
- Speaker Phones
- Supported Hardware and Software
- Telephone bills
- Web Development
- Help Desk
- Information Security
- Policies & Forms
- Contact Us
Enterprise System Maintenance
Tuesday, 4:00 am - 8:00 am
Wednesday, 4:00 am - 8:00 am
Thursday, 4:00 am - 8:00 am
Sunday, 6:00 am - 12:00 pm
Enterprise Systems may be unavailable during these times.
ITS welcomes you to Union College. Computing services are provided by ITS to assist the Union College community in using technology to do their instructional or research tasks. Here is the information you will need to get started.
These are some of the services ITS provides:
- Union College has partnered with Apogee to provide high-speed internet access through the residential network with 24/7 customer support through MyResNet.com.
- Union Student Technical Assistance Resources (USTAR) Program - provides student computer support, including virus protection, technical support for ITS supported software, troubleshooting basic network problems and help with some hardware issues.
- Documentation for computer resources, including online help facilities and "How to" sheets.
- Public computing facilities available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- High-quality instructional videos are avialable on Lynda.com covering software, creating and business skills.
- Access to IT research information and webinars utilized by the majority of Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies is available via the Gartner Group.
It is important to make sure your machine has all of the latest security patches and updates installed before you arrive to campus. If you have any questions on what to do, call the ITS Help Desk at 518.388.6400 or email them at email@example.com.
E-mail accounts are available to all students of Union College in Union's Google Apps for Education environment. Email is accessed through the web at http://www.gmail.com/.
- First Year students automatically receive their e-mail account in the spring prior to their start at Union.
- Transfer and other students may obtain an account at the ITS offices located in Steinmetz Hall, Room 109. Accounts will be made available within 24 hours after submission of an AFCA (Application for Computer Account) Monday through Thursday. All AFCAs submitted on Friday will be activated the following Monday. AFCAs may also be downloaded from the Policies & Forms section of this website. This account is effective until graduation for full-time undergraduate students.
- Part-time student accounts are active while students are enrolled in courses.
- Graduating seniors: learn about e-mail policies after graduation.
All students with an e-mail account are also provided with cloud-based network storage (powered by Google Apps for Education). The storage can be accessed by logging into Union's Google Apps for Education environment at http://www.gmail.com/ and selecting the "Drive" link in the toolbar.