- About ITS
- Instructional Facilities
- Instructional Technologies
- Loaner Equipment
- Media Services
- Supported Hardware and Software
- Research Computing
- Web Development
- Help Desk
- Policies & Forms
- Contact Us
Student Telephone Services
2012-2013 Residence Hall Student Room Telephone Service (Sept 5, 2012)
- There is one non-activated phone jack in each Residence Hall Student Room. In most cases the jack is beige and/or has a VXX number written on it.
- A student can request that dial tone be activated in his/her room by contacting the Telecommunications Office at (518) 388-6411, in person at the Telecommunications Office, 2nd floor Old Chapel, or by email to email@example.com.
- There will be no charge to activate or receive telephone service for academic year 2012-2013.
- Once the student is confirmed for service for his/her room, dial tone with a direct dial 518-388-5XXX telephone number will be activated in that room with campus, local and 800 service plus features such as call waiting, redial, speed dial and conference. Long distance service will not be provided. Pre-paid calling cards are available in the Bookstore.
- Voicemail will not be provided.
- Analog landline phones are available for sale at Telecommunications for $2 cash.
- RA’s and Dorm Directors will have phones installed in their rooms. There are activated telephones in residence hall kitchens, offices and other public spaces.
- 911 calls from college telephone lines are routed to Campus Security 24/7. 911 calls from personal cellphone lines are routed to NYS or Local Schenectady Police. Students should program into their cellular devices the number 518-388-6911 and identify it as the number to call from their cellular device in an on-campus emergency.
- Students should go to http://waterfall.union.edu/emergency/ for information on the College’s Emergency Response Plan. You can sign up to receive text messages to your cell phone (or modify your cell number that was given to the college) in an emergency by clicking on the Mobile Phone Updater link at this site http://waterfall.union.edu/emergency/login.php. To logon you will need your network (email) username and password.
- Cellular companies that do business with the college that provide discounts and special offers to students for service are AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. All of these vendors are located in Mohawk Commons shopping center located on Balltown Road in Niskayuna. Students should bring ID’s, passports or Union paystubs to qualify for special programs and discounts. Further information can be found on https://its.union.edu/telecommunications/cellular-plans.